Position: • Associated Professor (Docent) in New Bulgarian Studies Department, New Bulgarian University. Degrees: • PhD in Bulgarian Language Studies & Linguistics from the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. • M.A. in Bulgarian Language & Literature from The Sofia University “St. Clement of Ohrid”; Domains: Semiotics, Pragmatics, Speech Acts Theory, Linguistic Anthropology, Memetics. Principle courses in the New Bulgarian University: • Introduction to Pragmatics (for undergraduate students)
• Pragmatics (for post-graduate students)
• Introduction to Linguistic Anthropology (for undergraduate students)
• Linguistic Anthropology (for post-graduate students)
• Semiotics of Written Discourse (for graduate and post-graduate students)
• Discourse Analysis (for graduate students) Main books: • Norms & Media. Sofia, Institute for Bulgarian Language, 1992.
• Meaning & Usage of Verbs and Nouns, Referring to Communication (The Bulgarian Natural Meta-Language Referring to Communication). Sofia, Institute for Bulgarian Language, 1997.
Specialties: linguistic, semiotic, and anthropological analysis of spoken and written discourse; semiotics of brands; trials concerning public discourse. Languages: French, English, Russian * Представяне в електронния каталог на Нов български университет. LinkedIn ResearchGate AcademiaEdu Facebook Borislav Gueorguiev in YouTube